Monday, January 30, 2006

Late to the Party

I haven't posted any about the cloture vote or proposed filibuster of Judge Samuel Alito's confirmation because I wasn't really sure how I felt about it - the filibuster, not his confirmation. I know how I feel about that. Yes, it may seem like just a bunch of grandstanding, but I've decided that it is important to Democrats to push their Senators to vote no on the cloture vote or to abstain from voting.

Much of the criticism of Democrats has been our lack of unity. What better time to demonstrate that we are unified. Alito may be assured his confirmation, but why not delay it a bit and take this time to talk about the illegal activities of the President, the culture of corruption that is rampant in the Republican House and to talk about the plans Democrats have to protect our Constitution.

We might not be able to keep Samuel Alito off of the Supreme Court, but we can force his confirmation vote on our terms and let the country hear our unified voice.

I have been spending much of the last two days faxing, calling and writing our Senators. If you would like to join the party for this last hour before the cloture vote please visit FireDogLake. They have the fax numbers, phone numbers and a great support group.
http://rpc.technorati.com/rpc/ping

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home